In this weeks episode, Ackerman Fern and Todd talk about Open gym. What’s the right thing to do when it comes to having an open gym at an affiliate? Is it good to allow members to do their own thing? Does it cause a rift in the community? Should you charge more or less for it? It can cause a rift in the community; how do you avoid that? You’re running a business as an affiliate, there is a demand for the open gym, but what is the best practice? They discuss all of this and more in today’s episode.
- Open gym at their gyms (3:29)
- “Class always has priority” – Todd
- Pros and Cons (7:29)
- Advice for running open gym – Jason biggest mistakes (11:00)
- “Is it adding you value or cause you problems?” – Fern (12:45)
- Convenience shouldn’t cost less (13:30)
- Drop in’s (16:54)
- Why don’t they want to be in the class? (24:00)
- Programming for individual line it with the class workouts to support it (29:00)
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity – Hanlon’s razor
Biggest Take Away– Lead by example.
We value your feedback. After listening, please hit me up with any questions, comments, or thoughts on how we can make this show even better, and if you enjoyed it, please share it!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/jason-ackerman
Rate/subscribe in Apple Podcasts!
Check out our website – besthouroftheirday.com – to learn more about our private coaches development group.